- Visa applications must be submitted in person.
However, those who reside in a remote area can apply for a visa by mail.
Please contact the visa section for more details.
Our office is not responsible for loss or delay of passports in the mail.
- Generally, a visa can be issued in 5 working days if all the requirements are met.
There are, however, some cases or nationals where referrals to the government office in Japan are necessary. In such cases, it may take around 1-2 months for results. Therefore, early planning for your trip to Japan is recommended.
- No fee is required for Australian citizens. For other nationals, visa fees vary.
Please contact the visa section for fee enquiries.
We only accept cash payment. Personal checks and credit cards are not accepted.
Cash posted by mail is also not accepted.
- You should also note that a visa itself does not guarantee landing permission, although it is one condition that is required for landing at an airport or seaport. You must obtain landing permission during immigration procedure at the port of entry in Japan.
For more information, please visit Visas and Landing Permission.
- All documents submitted must be originals. Documents submitted with the application will not be returned. If you need original documents, please bring the original and one copy. Our office will not make copies. Friends travelling together must prepare documents individually.
|9:00am to 12:00pm
1:30pm to 4:00pm
|Telephone enquiry hours|
|9:00am to 12:30pm
1:30pm to 5:00pm