The Consulate-General of Japan in Brisbane has a large collection of Japan-related display and teaching materials, literature and DVD's that may be borrowed free of charge through the Cultural Loans Scheme for educational purposes.
Please note the following loan conditions:
- Bookings should be made two weeks in advance
- The maximum loan period is 14 days
- All items must be returned promptly to avoid inconveniencing other borrowers
- If possible, items should be picked up and returned in person to the Consulate office.
If a postal loan is requested, the borrower will incur the postage cost.
Please note that some items are fragile and are unable to be posted.
Loans may be useful for school or community groups conducting cultural activities, lessons or seminars, multicultural festivals, and so on which promote or teach Japanese culture in the community. The materials are intended for educational purposes only.
The catalogue of items available for loan and the request form are linked below in PDF format.
Please send request forms to our cultural email listed at the bottom of the page.
If you are only able to fax this request form, please also send a short email so we know to expect your fax.
Please follow the link http://www.adobe.com/ to download the Adobe Reader.
Cultural Loans Scheme Catalogue
- Display Materials Catalogue
- Conditions of Loan and Request Form
- DVDs Catalogue (Japan Video Topics)
- DVDs Catalogue (Other Titles)
- CD Catalogue
You may also like to visit the Japan Foundation Library Sydney website for additional resources.
For further information please contact:
Consulate-General of Japan
Ph: (07) 3221 5188
Fax: (07) 3229 0878