The mission of the Consulate-General of Japan at Brisbane's mission
1. To create a better understanding and promote the development of ties between Japan and the people of Australia. By supporting a closer relationship between the two countries, the Consulate-General aims to help Australians better understand Japan and its people, customs and culture.
2. To represent and assist Japanese citizens living in Queensland. By providing various services to Japanese, we endeavour to make their lives in Australia as enjoyable and trouble-free as possible.
The Consulate-General at Brisbane is divided into several sections. The sections and their email contacts are as follows:
- the Consular Affairs section
- the Visa section
- the Culture and Education section
- the Political and Economic Affairs section
Reception times for information on and issuance of all visas are:
Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Reception times for application of police clearance certificates are:
Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Office Closure Dates for 2013
|January 1 (Tue)||New Year's Day Holiday*|
|January 2 (Wed)||New Year's Day Holiday|
|January 3 (Thu)||New Year's Day Holiday|
|January 28 (Mon)||Australia Day*|
|February 11 (Mon)||National Foundation Day|
|March 29 (Fri)||Good Friday*|
|April 1 (Mon)||Easter Monday*|
|April 25 (Thu)||Anzac Day*|
|June 10 (Mon)||Queen's Birthday*|
|July 15 (Mon)||Marine Day|
|August 14 (Wed)||RNA Brisbane Show Day*|
|October 7 (Mon)||Labor Day*|
|November 4 (Mon)||Culture Day (in lieu)|
|December 25 (Wed)||Christmas Day*|
|December 26 (Thu)||Boxing Day*|
|December 30 (Mon)||Holiday|
|December 31 (Tue)||End of Year Holiday|
Please note: * indicates Australian public holidays.
Location & Contact
|Level 17, 12 Creek Street, Brisbane QLD 4000|
|GENERAL INQUIRIES||07 3221 5188|
|FACSIMILE:||07 3229 0878|
The Consulate-General of Japan provides a feedback corner, so we can hear from you and listen to your suggestions, requests and/or opinions on how we can better serve you and improve our services and website. Please send your suggestions to email@example.com
We ask that when sending emails that you please note the following:
* The Consulate-General of Japan cannot respond to all emails received. In case of emergencies, please talk to one of our staff by telephone or at the counter.
* Any emails suspected of containing a computer virus will be deleted without being opened.